Labial Labiodental Dental Alveolar Av-Pal Palatal Velar
Nasal m mj n nj
Stop p ṗ t ṫ k ḱ
Fricative f th s sh x
Affricative ch kh
Approximant w r l y lh
- Unmarked stops (p, t, k) are unaspirated. Marked stops (ṗ, ṫ, ḱ) are aspirated.
- Nasals with an attached 'j' (mj, nj) are palatalized.
- Alveolar approximants are distinguished between a rhotic (r) and a lateral (l).
- Stress is always placed on the first syllable of the stem.
- In written Old Sylvan, a stress mark is used in polysyllabic words to indicate the stem.